TCT’s Game of the Week features #11 Ohio State going up against...
Celtics Knicks game 6 summary and future
The Celtics’ postseason hopes ended with an 80-88 loss at the TD Garden. Our men in green showed tremendous heart in the final term, outscoring the Knicks 33-21. They were behind by 26 in the 4th quarter, but made a 20-0 run and eventually cut the lead to 4. It just was not enough as Jeff Green fouled out and the Knicks pulled away to win by 8.
Jeff Green scored 21 while KG added 15-10. The Celtics lost this series 4-2, and the Knicks will play Pacers in round 2.
The Boston Celtics will be back next season.
It is not known who will return, was that the end of KG and Pierce (I hope not) but we all have our great memories if it is! Doc said in the post-game presser that he is not sure if he will return next season. I hope they keep this core group for next season; with a healthy Rondo they will be able to make a push!
All about 18.
Game notes from the Celtics Down Under Facebook page:
- Top scorers: Jeff Green (21), Carmelo Anthony (21)
- Rebounding: NYK led 42-35 with 15 offensive boards
- Truth’s off night: 14 points from 4 of 18 FG, 1 of 9 3P. 7 rebs, 5 assts, 2 steals, 1 block and 5 TOs.
- Bench production: 0 points from Lee/Williams/Crawford, 14 from JET, who was 3 of 5 3P.
- Team ended with 24 of 63 shots, 38.1% from the field.
- Shooting from deep: 6 of 22 from 3P, 27.3%.
- Not perfect: 26 of 33 from the line, 78.8%. This really hurt, the freebies would’ve pulled us in.
- (Lack of) ball movement: evidence by 13 assists and 19 TOs.
Article has been read 90 times